Instead politicians are putting on sideshows, like Rep. Steve King’s assertion that Detroit has a worse murder rate than the countries the kids are fleeing. What buffoonery. Guatemala City has a murder rate twice that of Detroit.Uhhh, Guatemale City isn't a country. Guatemala is. Guatemala had a 2012 murder rate of 39.9/100,000. Detroit had a 2012 murder rate of 54.6/100,000.
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Friday, July 11, 2014
Thursday, July 10, 2014
Beyond that, the editorial has essentially nothing to say; a few quotes from local polticians from Norfolk trying desperately to straddle the fence, allowing it was perhaps not quite in the very bast of taste, an American of Kenyan origin whom the Journal Star itself unearthed and who feels (in the absence of any actual argument) that criticism of her fellow American of Kenyan origin might be racist. They say nothing substantive, because they have nothing substantive to say. The float was protected political expression, not especially harsh by recent standards, and no one to my knowledge has come up with a cogent argument that it was racist.
This is, therefore, another sad example of liberal intolerance. It is crucial to remember that the Left can sometimes endure criticism, but it cannot ever abide mockery. The Left takes itself incredibly seriously, and experiences almost physical revulsion when held up to ridicule. All the more reason why the Left's opponents need to defend Mr Remmich and his float, because the Left would, if it could, shut down this entire area of contrary speech.
Sunday, July 6, 2014
(1) NSA intercepts reading room; here, in quiet surroundings, you will be able to settle into a comfortable computer desk and read the private emails of thousand of your fellow Americans! Find out what they think of their girlfriend's mother! Find out what they think about their boyfriends schlong! There will be selfies galore! And sexts! Even Anthony Wiener sexts!!
(2)The 'most transparent administration ever' FOIA room. With the help of our trained docents, yuu will be guided through the process of submitting a valid federal FOIA request. After submission, you can return in 2 or 3 years to pick up a genuine facsimile of a government document, with all but the words 'and' and 'the' redacted!
(3)'If you like your plan, you can keep your plan' healthcare center. After checking all your stuff with the guard at the door, you will experience a stunning multimedia experience, bouncing from '404 Page Not Found' to 'This server is temporarily busy, serving thousands of other customers' pages, until you finally get to select your very own healthcare plan, at only twice what you were paying last year! Then, on the way out, will will keep all your old stuff, but give you a bunch of new stuff you didn't want! Be sure to do this early, ss prices are going up up up!
(4) The Susan Rice Aviary. Watch and listen as carefully trained parrots squawk out dozens of human-sounding expressions, from 'It was all an internet video' to 'Iran will not be allowed to build nuclear weapons'.
(5) The 'Executive Order' whack a mole game! You get to play a Supreme Court Justice, trying to whack down Obama's unconstitutional actions as they pop up. You have to be sharp; when it comes to violating the constitution, no President has been as active as Mr. Obama.
(6) The 'Foreign Policy' reading room. This is completely unlit, and nobody knows what's going on in there, except it isn't good.
(7) The Obama toilet. No, it ain't an outhouse! This opulent, Hollywood-furnished pissoir (thanks, John Kerry!) has gold plated toilet paper holders which dispense copies of the constitution on soft, 3-ply tissue, as well as floor mats carefully inscribed with the words of the Fourth Amendment.
...and for the kids
(8) The Drone Targeting game. Here you get to select targets: 'wedding', 'orphanage', 'Tea Party', 'Samuel Alito', and 'Taliban*' But be careful. There's a 10% chance your drone may hit something you didn't expect!
*this may at any time be changed to 'Israel', depending on John Kerry's mood.
(9) The 'Fast and Furious' Massive Multiplayer Game. A true innovation. Like no other online game, Fast and Furious lets you earn weapons for your enemies, not yourself. Then they invade your territory and kill your guys! And if you make it through to the end, you get rewarded with a 'Contempt of Congress' sticker!
(10) The Presidential Newspaper Reading Room, where copies of USA Today will brief you on all the shite your administration has been up to these last 6 years, while you were golfing on the...
(11) 36 Hole Private Presidential Golf-course. You can even play the course, for a $100,000 donation to Organizing for America!
...and last, but not least...
(12) The IRS 'what's your politics?' quiz. A simple online game that will challenge whether your political views are correct. But be careful! Score too low, and you'll trigger an audit!
Now, all together, 1, 2, 3, RWP is a racist!