The ObamaCare jobs lost archive

Bob Kerrey is politically dead, and de mortuis nihil nisi bonum, so I'm going to replace his archive with a link to ObamaCare job losses.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cry me a river, Amanda Hess

Women get mean, sometimes obnoxious, sometimes threatening, sometimes downright scary comments online. Well, that sucks. Guess what. So do men.

Over the years, online stalkers have published my wife's name, my kids' names, and pictures of my house online. The Chair of Chairs of the Nebraska Democrat Party anonymously (he thought) posted libelous comments about my teaching online. He only stopped whn I outed him. The Nebraska Democratic Party knows this, and has done nothing. He's still in his position.

Most seriously, online you can find this. It turns up nicely in a Google search. A small excerpt is shown to the left.

It was put online five years ago, after I invited Roger Clegg to UNL to discuss racial preferences in UNL Law School admissions. I contacted Google, who won't take it down without a court order. I called a lawyer, who advised me I had no chance of finding the perp., let alone of a lawsuit. So it has sat there, for internet search engines to find, for five years.

You could argue that no one but an idiot would give credit to this...

Harbison is infamous for making inappropriate sexual advances towards his students once calling a UNL cheerleader "sugar tits."
...but if you're under any doubt (and, seriously, fuck you if you are), contact UNL and ask them to release any sexual harassment complaints they've received about me; I'll happily waive any right to confidentiality. I'm not going to violate the privacy of my students, but they're not hard to find; so ask any of them if they were harassed or were witnesses to harassment.

There is a whole lot of other stuff in there, of course, and it's pretty much all lies.

A false accusation of sexual harassment is not the equivalent of rape. But it's a damn sight more serious than a rape threat. It can be the death of one's career, or certainly a bar to future employment, If I were a woman, and someone threatened on blogspot.com to rape me, Google would have it down, and the poster banned, in 30 minutes. A threatened woman has redress. I have none. This has festered for 5 years, potentially driving away employers, grant reviewers, students, anyone really. And I can't do anything about it.

I don't hold feminists blameless for this. It was feminists who made sexual harrassment a transgression against which it is almost impossible to defend oneself and who lowered the standard of proof so an allegation is decided by the preponderance of the evidence.

By the way, from the references in other blogs created by 'The Great Commoner', it's clear this blog is almost certainly produced by a member of the Nebraska Democratic Party.

2 comments:

  1. So because you can't figure out who to blame, you decide to blame an incredibly broad swath of the population? Your problems seem difficult, but it's hard to sympathize with someone who is okay with saying they blame feminists for their current situation. Instead of, you know, the apparently insane people who did you apparent harm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't blame an incredibly broad swath of the population, I blame people in the hierarchy of the Nebraska Democrat Party. You know, the people who accuse others of a 'war on women'?

    ReplyDelete